The presentations featured in this section provide both general information about the Positive Deviance (PD) approach (in a variety of languages), as well as more project-specific presentations on topics such as Girl Trafficking in Indonesia, and a presentation about how PD can be used for the eradication and prevention of the hospital acquired infection MRSA.
- Argentina: This presentation describes the use of PD Approach to increase retention rates in Argentina.
This presentations, offered in a variety of languages, takes viewers through the steps of using the PD approach to find solutions to problems often considered intractable.
- MRSA: This presentation by the Delmarva Foundation shows the how use of PD approach is used to stop the spread and acquisition of MRSA.
- MRSA:This presentation by Michael Gardam is entitled, "Positive Deviance: A Culture
Change Management Approach to Reducing Health Care Acquired Infections" and addresses the use of PD to reduce MRSA in the Canadian healthcare system.
- Hand Hygiene: Strategies for Improving Hand Hygiene Compliance in the ICU, Alexandre R. Marra
Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Egypt: This presentation gives an overview of the results of a PD program in Egypt to support maternal and infant health.
- PD Hearth Model: This presentation describes PD/Hearth Model used to address childhood malnutrition all over the world through sustainable programs.
- Indonesia (Girl trafficking): This presentation gives an overview of the successful use of PD to combat girl trafficking in Indonesia
- Egypt (Female Genital Mutilation):This presentation reviews the use of PD to eradicate the practice of female genital cutting and mutilation in Egypt.
This article, recently featured in Clinical Leader, discusses healthcare-associated infections and outlines the specific steps of the PD process that some pioneering hospitals are taking to reduce transmission.