Positive Deviance and Predictive Analytics
Provided in this portion of the website are resources about PD and Predictive Analytics (PA).
Commitments Needed From PA/PD Pilot Sites
In order to serve as a Pilot Site, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Experience and expertise in Predictive Analytics (PA) and supportive technology.
- Provide full and timely support for implementation of the Positive Deviance (PD) process.
- Support an experienced leader who volunteers to champion the PA/PD approach and serve as a liaison between the organization (hospital, etc.) and staff.
- Participate in all learning activities among the Pilot Sites – monthly conference calls, face-to-face meetings at mutually agreed upon intervals, and online interactions.
- Share lessons learned in PA/PD implementation efforts during (bi) annual meetings of the PA/PD Partnership.
- Welcome visits from representatives of partner organizations to learn about the PA/PD implementation experience.
- Data submission requirement.
- Enable staff to be available for discussions with researchers and writers who will documenting the PA/PD “story”.
This article, recently featured in Clinical Leader, discusses healthcare-associated infections and outlines the specific steps of the PD process that some pioneering hospitals are taking to reduce transmission.